1. Use social media to share your excitement
Social media sites are great venues to announce your participation and engage with fellow attendees and exhibitors.
2. Visually promote your participation
Use our pre-made icons.
3. Visit the Exhibitor Directory
Plan on making this year's expo an important destination.
4. Consider purchasing a Carbon Offset.
The Stewardship and Sustainability Committee is working with AIHA to address sustainability of AIHA Connect. Learn how you can help.
More details on each step are below.
You can use your normal social media posting as an opportunity to promote your attendance, sessions you are interested in, exhibitors you want to meet, or events you are looking forward to attending. The more you post, the more attention you’ll bring to your participation, and to Connect in general.
When posting on any social media channel about AIHA Connect (AIHA uses X (Twitter), Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube), use #AIHAConnect. Don’t forget to link back to the conference website, AIHAConnect.org. You may also include AIHA’s X handle (@AIHA).
- X Example: I’m attending #AIHAConnect! Looking forward to the Welding PDC @AIHA.
- Instagram Example: Create a short 30-second video to “tease” your participation.
If AIHA includes you in a tweet or response from their social page, retweet, favorite, and/or like it so that your colleagues can see it!
We suggest posting once a week or every two weeks for consistency. Mix up your wording so your posts don’t become repetitive.
We’ve made it incredibly easy to promote your participation by using a pre-made icon as your picture.
Right-click over the image you wish to download and select "Save Image as...," then upload to your favorite social media tool(s).
AIHA continues to "green" AIHA Connect. This year, the Stewardship and Sustainability Committee (S&S) and AIHA staff invite you to:
- Assess your carbon footprint associated with attending.
- Consider buying carbon offsets, which might help reduce that carbon footprint. The S&S Committee recommends Terra Pass and Sustainable Travel.
- We also invite you to voluntarily and anonymously share your carbon footprint measurement and donation here. This will allow us to collect data on AIHA Connect's overall carbon footprint.
The recommended carbon offset organizations were evaluated for:
- The ability to calculate individual travel miles
- Transparency on how your donations are spent
- Listing of investment projects
- The ease of use of their websites
- Evaluation by a rating agency.
As anyone who has performed life cycle analysis knows, despite the simplicity of this approach, the calculation of carbon footprints is complicated. The methodology used by the suggested footprint calculators has not been thoroughly evaluated by AIHA or the S&S Committee. We invite you to join us in this evaluation as we move forward to subsequent meetings and conferences.
AIHA staff and the S&S Committee view this as a first step in the beginning of an iterative process, which we expect will evolve. Your insights, knowledge, and skills will make these efforts more effective and evidence-based.