Presenter notification letters were emailed in January 2024. If you are unable to present your pop-up, contact Diana Kane at 703-846-0753.
Dates to Remember
- February 9, 2024 – Log in, sign Speaker Agreement, complete Speaker Delivery Form, review Profile Information, update your Biography, and upload your Photo
- March 6, 2024 – Review all content on the Speaker Toolkit section of the AIHA Connect website
- March 17, 2024 – Deadline to register at Advance Rate
- May 2, 2024 – Deadline to upload optional session handout materials for attendees
- May 20-22, 2024 – Pop-Up Session presentation dates
You are highly encouraged to check into the Speaker Ready Room at least one (1) hour prior to the start of your session.
You can use the Speaker Ready Room, which is staffed by audiovisual (AV) technicians and equipped with editing stations, to practice and tweak your presentations, review speaker biographies, and ensure the latest version of your PPT is loaded to the Presentation Management System.
AIHA recommends PowerPoint (PPT) for all presentations. Adobe Acrobat (PDF) and HTML files may also be used. Please be sure to use the AIHA Connect 2024 PowerPoint Template when creating your presentation. Our PowerPoint template is set to 16:9 ratio. If you choose to use your own template, please ensure that it is set to this format. Be advised that if you use any other format, it will not fit the screens in our session rooms.
Pop-Up Set-up and Equipment
Pop-Ups will be held in a partially enclosed space built at the front of the Exhibit Hall. The space includes:
- Attendee seating in theater style
- Laptop (set in Presenter Mode for viewing/reading notes)
- A 98" Monitor (sized appropriately for the space and session capacity)
- Slide advancer with a laser pointer (for the laptop provided by AV)
- Two wireless microphones
- One audience microphone
Pop-Ups are included in this year's Virtual program, so there will also be space and equipment reserved for AIHA and AV staff.
All other audiovisual needs (including flipcharts, etc.) will be at the presenter’s expense and must be arranged and paid for with our exclusive audiovisual provider. Download the order form here (form available in mid-Janaury).
You are required to use the computers provided on-site by AIHA. These are Windows-based PCs equipped with Microsoft PowerPoint and the latest versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader, Windows Media Player, and Quick Time for Windows. Other presentation programs will not be available.
PowerPoint files created on a Macintosh computer will open successfully on a PC/AIHA Connect-supplied computer. However, it is recommended that you test your files in the Speaker Ready Room prior to your session to ensure the proper display of fonts, equations, pictures, and videos. Workstations, projectors, and technical staff will be available to assist.
Presentation Central Uploading
You are REQUIRED to upload electronic copies of your presentation(s) to AIHA’s Presentation Management System at least one hour prior to your presentation start time. You can choose to upload prior to getting on-site or in the Speaker Ready Room on-site at the convention center. AIHA will provide computers in session rooms, upon which the relevant presentation(s) will already be loaded. You may not bring a personal computer as a way to avoid the upload requirement. Edits and updates can be made to the presentation until one (1) hour prior to the session start time.
AIHA recommends PowerPoint (PPT) for all presentations. Adobe Acrobat (PDF) and HTML files may also be used. Please be sure to use the AIHA Connect 2024 PowerPoint Template when creating your presentation. Our PowerPoint template is set to a 16:9 ratio. If you choose to use your own template, please ensure that it is set to this format. Be advised that if you use any other format, it will not fit the screens in our session rooms.
Presentation Best Practices
Any links to outside websites, such as for audio and video files, should be embedded into the PPT presentation. Wireless Internet will be available, however we do not recommend relying on it for any portion of your presentation. The Pop-Up Presentation area will NOT be hardwired with the Internet. If you have video or audio files, we recommend bringing back-up of the files on a flash drive, as well as embedding them into the PPT file. DO NOT simply link to videos, such as on YouTube or other websites, as we cannot guarantee the Internet connection.
Please see the AV staff in the on-site Speaker Ready Room to review and test your presentation(s). The computers will be the same as those in the Pop-Up Presentation area, and the technicians can provide advice and assistance.
Conference Center Rules and Regulations
We want your presentation to run seamlessly. At the same time, we must follow all rules and regulations of the Greater Columbus Conference Center (GCCC) for hosting a meeting in the facility. Please help us by noting:
- Convention center staff are responsible for the setup, change, and breakdown of all activities.
- Room sets (head tables, chairs, AV, etc.) and capacities are approved in advance by the facility and the Columbus Fire Marshal. Room sets, once approved, must remain as indicated on approved floor plans or AIHA will incur change fees.
- Speakers and moderators agree they will not move any items pre-set by the facility or AIHA.
- Audiovisual equipment must be provided by AIHA’s exclusive provider. Requests for AV other than what is outlined to presenters in advance by AIHA must be paid for by the speaker to AIHA before equipment will be provided. Speakers may not provide audiovisual equipment of any kind in their session rooms, including handheld polling devices.
- Speakers may hand-carry handouts or other materials for distribution during a session (except any type of AV). No carts or dollies are permitted. If you require a cart, dolly, luggage carrier, or hand truck to carry your materials, please contact AIHA.
- AIHA, GCCC, AIHA’s exclusive AV provider, and AIHA’s other supplier partners are implementing enhanced cleaning and sanitizing processes for all rooms, equipment, and attendee/presenter touchpoints. This process may limit your ability to access the room more than 15-minutes prior to your session or to leave items overnight.
If you think you will need accommodations to any of the above-listed items – for any part of your session – please let AIHA staff know immediately. We are happy to work with you on a solution that will ensure the success of your session AND compliance with our contract with the GCCC.
NOTE: Requests received after April 1 will not be accommodated.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact Diana Kane at 703-846-0753.